Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Hardware! wooot

I have to admit... It is a little more difficult than I had originally thought it would be. Keeping up with several blogs.. making daily devotionals.. and working freelance all take there toll. I find I do not have the time I think I do.
I still want to equal my time with socialization, games at times, and of course I need to eat better!!! But lately I have found myself in kind of a rut. I imagine that part of it has to do with the fact that I am still waiting for tiger direct to send me a replacement monitor!!
Last week I got my new computer and monitors, but one of them had two dead pixels and the entire screen had a somewhat blurry look to it.


After contacting tigerdirect customer service I was issued a prepaid return label and told they would ship out my other monitor immediately! :p It must've been a joke because I am still waiting for them to ship my replacement! They have already recieved mine!

Regardless I am happy with my purchase.. With the things I spend time on every day it is crazy just CRAZY that I have not invested sooner into getting a working and proficient system.
Originally I spent $600 on the tower for a 2TB Hard Drive, Intel I5 Core, and 6 gig Ram with integrated graphics. After Updating the ram to 12 gigs and putting in a GT 520 1 gig EVGA graphics card, my pc is now a rock star!
It has a total of 4 gig video memory available compared to like 300 mb on my laptop.


The computer shows that I only have a 4.9 rating, but overall it is much better than what you can get anywhere I have seen for under $700 dollars. Add the two full HD 1080p LED monitors and you can have a great setup for just under $1000. My videos render so fast! Not to mention photoshop, Cinema 4D, and just about everything else opens up and runs without hiccups! Even games like League of Legends or Counter Strike Source play on high settings all around, even though this it has just an entry level graphics card, it still makes all the difference when working with HD video.

Lately I have been gaining my voice again.. it seems my legs dooo work so I am starting to get moving as well.    btw, I am going to take over the world)) just saying. :p

check out what random things I have been working on by going to my portfolio page!
for example here is a mock logo i designed a week ago:
click to open in portfolio page in a new window

Ok I am going to work on my resume, and then I will finish the last old 365 video from my laptop.. I reallllly want to start doing those videos again.. I felt soo much better day to day when I was expressing myself.
Time to get back... 2012 the year for no fear! lets do it! Postive action will result in positive reaction. Your choice and JOB to see it this way)
much love :)

TLW

No comments:

Post a Comment